||Name of the Scheme
||Division level 1000 capacity Backward class boys and girls hostel.
||Details of the Scheme:
||Government resolution of the scheme
||State / central Level
||Purpose of the scheme
||According to increased different higher educational institutes higher education level of Scheduled caste and Navbouddha government hostels are less in the State. Due to this these SC/ Navbouddha students are not getting admission the Government Hostel. According to this 1000 students capacity division level hostel each hostel for 1 region, government decided to start 7 division level hostels in the year 2007. Because of this decision backward students get admission in the hostel and these students completed their higher education. On division level there are 4 units of 250 students capacity and among this 4 unit 1 unit is for girl hostel. Because of starting this division level hostel 5250 boys and 1750 girl's seats are ready for the hostel admission.
||The scheme is applicable to the category name
||SC / ST / Nomadic tribes / Other Backward class / special backward class / disabled
||Terms of major scheme
- Students are admitted in the hostels on basis of merit.
- Student should be resident of Maharashtra State.
- Annual income of the parents of the student should not be more than 2,00,000.
- Student who are studying in the 8th Std and above 8th Std. are able to apply for the hostel.
- Students who are studying in school should apply for hostel before 15th May and college students should apply before 30th June.
- From the year 2015-16, on government level 10% of the total vacant seats are filled from special quota according to terms and condition.
||Given the nature of the benefit
- Free accommodation, food, cloths, library and many other facilities are provided to these students.
- Per year 2 uniforms are provided to the admitted students.
- Educational books and stationary are provided.
- Medical and Engineering students are provided free educational kits according to their course like stethoscope, drawing board, apron, boiler suits and for art students color, drawing board, brush and canvas etc. are provided.
- Admitted Hostel students are availing daily expenses facility as below
- Regional level per month to Rs 800 / -
- District level per month to Rs 600 / -
- Taluka level per month to Rs 500 / -
||Method to apply
||Expected processing Days
||Contact Details for Citizens
||Concerned Regional Deputy Commissioner, Social Welfare and Assistant Commissioner, Social Welfare and Warden, backward class boys and girls hostel.
||Link For Online Application